Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 XC90 2.5 AWD with 26k miles. I've had the car for 18 months. A few months ago the key started getting stuck in the iginition, and then the shifter started getting stuck in park. I took it in for service and they said the ignition switch was broken and they replaced it. About a week later, the key got stuck in the ignition again. It has happened about 4 more times in the last month. And the shifter it sticking again. Is anyone else having a problem with this?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have them check the cable from the ignition to the shifter.If the cable comes loose or is not adjusted properly it will do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it is intermittent, then loose or adjustment does not agree.
I am having the same or similar issues intermittently.
Today, the lights would not come on nor would it shift out of park, even if the brake peddle was firmly pressed down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I am. Was searching for my shifter stuck in park issue and found your post. I have an '06 S60 since March. Now that you mention it, my key does get stuck in the ignition switch as well and my bluetooth won't connect. I have lights though. The dealership said I wasn't pressing on the brake hard enough. But that is obviously not the problem if other people are having similar issues. And I'm quite certain they wouldn't have told a man that same answer. I'm scheduling another appointment to tell them to check the cable from the ignition to the shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts