Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Volvo veterans. We live in Western Australia and frequently travel 430kms each way between Perth and Geraldton. We needed a safe and comfortable car for distance driving and one which would help us survive errant kangaroos and other wildlife. Much research and trying to fit our budget led us to buy the only XC70 in our area we could afford - a 2009 3 2 L petrol model - not the most fuel efficient but it cost $6000. It had done 362,000kms so had it checked by Perth Swedish Auto Centre who confirmed it was in reasonable shape although we did a serious service and replaced parts. PSAC were great and solved an intermittent door locking problem traced to some broken wiring. So far it's been great to drive and reliable - amazing for such high kms.
Our other vehicle is a 1986 Alfa Romeo Sprint Coupe. In fact, we have 2 - one goes and one is a long term restoration. My other half wants to sell both and stick with the Volvo, which she loves. I could be persuaded as my old body loves the Volvo seats and higher ride height. We'll see. Photos next time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts