Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
xc60 2022 had it for 5 1/2 mths. had so many problems . was stressful ,unreliable, was inconvenienced many times, annoying, scary that I could get stuck on the road with a child . Google system is defective. There are so many glitches that kept happening. In service 4-5 times , things would happen after leaving service ..numerous problems every week..
locked out of the car twice . first 10 days in a parking lot, ( got stranded for 5 hours) then at 5 1/2 months in my driveway , the car has significant issues with the technology. "COOLANT LIGHT NEEDS SERVICE "came on twice while I was on the road which was really scary . In service they replaced the thermostat. I wanted my down payment refunded and a buy back, but they finally decided 5 1/2 mths to give me a Brand new car XC60 2023, exact same one

7 days later unfortunately, the new car XC60 2023 started replicating the old one I had!! back to service!! replaced thermostat ...So frustrating and I cannot trust this car for the next 10 years. This should not happen with a brand new car.
on new car ----Coolant light came on,
ON CALL button was not working as before.,
I want my downpayment back and a buy back ASAP!!I
Lost trust in Volvo. Would not recommend it. They compensated me a little but that didn't solve anything..
sooooo frustrating that I have to go through this with a brand new second car!!!

· Registered
2022 XC 60 T8 Recharge
18 Posts
I have a 2022 early model XC60 Recharge T8 PHEV I got in January 2022. I agree that I have had some problems but nothing that (yet) would make me want to return the car, or stay away from Volvo. Not doubting your experiences which sound horrible but just relating my own.

The most recent problem is that the heat stopped working. I happened to be at the Volvo dealer with our 2013 XC70 getting another issue fixed and I mentioned it to the service rep since it had just started that morning. "T8 hybrid?" he asked. "Yes." "Yes, that's a known quality issue. We're on 3 week backorder on the part. Let me see if I can get it ordered for you without you having to come in and us confirm the specific fault code for this." He was able to do that and so I'm waiting for that to be repaired. Fortunately, I'm in the Pacific NW where it is cold like 40s but not super cold like 20s in the winter so it's still drivable, but we are preferring our 2013 XC70 with a working heater these days.

I have had a couple of cases where it had reported "No Key Detected" which I agree is a bit disconcerting. In one case, I was stopped in a waiting line for the car ferry to the island I live on and when they tell you to move to get on the ferry, you have to MOVE TO GET ON THE FERRY NOW. :) The car had been off for about 20 minutes while I was waiting in line for the ferry and when I tried to start it it reported "No Key Detected". Oh boy. So I opened and closed the door, and tried again - and it started up. Another time, I had been sitting for a while in the car and the same thing happened - in that case, I used the mobile app to start the car.

I don't want to make excuses for Volvo since I agree these are potentially serious issues. I do think it's pretty normal in the first year of a brand new model, which this is, there will be shakeout issues. I am SUPER SUPER happy that I got this car on a 3 year lease. I'm pretty sure there will be even better fully electric options in 2025 when my lease is up, and I also think Volvo will shake out these issues. But I understand your frustration!

· Registered
14 Posts
My T8 was delivered in Mar 2022. I've only had the coolant message once, and the dealer just cleared it. I don't think I've ever gotten the No Key. Mechanically I don't have any problems with it, but most of the "smart" stuff doesn't work well. Pilot steering assist is dangerous, the auto-headlights are set off by roadside reflectors which makes it pretty worthless, Pilot cruise frequently picks up cars in other lanes, Maps will only display traffic conditions if it is routing you somewhere or you put it in satellite view. Sometimes I have to reset the console to get it to let me change the drive mode, etc. And the app is terrible, it may or may not think it has turned on pre-conditioning which may or may not have actually come on, the remaining distance number might be 36 or 52 on 100% charge (36 is about what I get in Pure mode with the heat off). Voice commands are hit and miss. And I really shouldn't have to dig through multiple menus to put the car in Constant AWD when I come around a mountain corner and find the road has 3 inches of snow on it.

I would love to think that Volvo will fix most of this, but so far the only meaningful thing I've see in the updates is Apple Car Play, which I don't use. Nothing to resolve any of the above issues. I won't be even looking at the EX 90 until Volvo proves they can do technology as well as mechanics.

· Registered
8 Posts
I had a loaded ‘23 S60 T8 on reserve last Summer, It was to be delivered early December. Driving by the dealership in September I saw the same car but in Thunder Gray! I changed my order to that car and it was delivered two weeks later. I have to say that I’ve been impressed with it in terms of power, handling and safety. In the 4 month I’ve had it I’ve had no mechanical issues, but getting the app paired correctly was a bear! The delivery guy tried, but was not helpful suggesting a total wipe and reset. I did that twice and it was not until I found a helpful tech on Volvo chat did they recognize a recurring issue with Google CarOS. It worked for a while until SW v2.5. Remote start failed and again it was an issue with the Google interface. Another complete factory wipe and profile setup and it (knock on wood) seems to be working. They documented this issue in an update online that the dealer was clueless about.

BTW, the original car on reserve was still not available… so as of January 1, it did not qualify for a federal tax credit. Thankfully mine does as it was put into service in September. As of this writing, there are no Volvo cars that qualify under current law for a federal tax credit Hopefully that will change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts