Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just leased a 2005 XC 90 and getting 8-10 mpg in City driving, well below the average. Anyone getting similar mpg? had it checked out and was told they upgaded the software, however getting the same result.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just recently purchased new XC 90, 5 cyl. First 1300 miles all local driving. Average mileage 16-17 mpg. Went on 3600 plus mile vacation. Computer said 19.4 avg mpg. Old fashion hand calc = 20.46. Kept trac of each tank. Hand calc always more. Some time as much as 2.4 mpg ?? Two fills of 22-23 mph. Drove 72 mph to 87 mph depending on posted limit. I have had 2 previous XC 70,s purchased new, both 5 cyl. Computer calc and hand calc were always nearly the same. So far it looks like XC 90 posted sticker mileage is going to be pretty close if you go by manual/hand calc. So far I really like the XC 90.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Join the club. I have a 2006 with 1000 miles on it. I'm getting around 12 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. My problems is that 95% of my driving is in the city. I called volvo and was told to wait until 5000 miles to allow the engine to break in. Not satisfied with this advise, I called the service mgr and scheduled a fuel consumption test. They basically checked the computer for faults and checked for fuel leaks. They then filled my tank and took it for a road test. Guess where they road tested it? You guessed it, on the highway (23 mpg). I was told to monitor the next 3 full tank fills/odometer/trip reading and do manual calculations. Then, if still not satisfied, take it back with receipts for further eval.

Good luck. Let me know if you find/hear about anything.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
We have a 2006 T5 with 3500 miles on. Computer always shows around 15mpg over the mix of driving we do. It has been back to the dealers twice and they gave us a different XC90 loaner each time. Both showed higher figures with the same type of driving (one gave around 17, the other over 18. Both had similar miles on).

We complained to the dealer and were told to track it manualy. Calculation on the first tankful since beginning to do this was 13.3 mpg. Yikes!

We will give it a couple more tankfulls and then back it goes.

It did have a check engine faul (code 436B, LDU fault. Not sure what an LDU is - anyone know?)

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts