Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a V50 T5 AWD a month ago, and would like to get a seperate set of rims, to mount some snow tires on. Can I buy used 16" X 6.5 rims for any other Volvo products? I would like to not buy them new from Volvo for $190 CDN each.

Thanks,

Barry

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think the bolt pattern is the same but you will need to get special lugs to get them to work.
The 2004.5 and newer have bigger lug holes with self centering lugs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You may want to check the dealer towards the fall, most often they have deals on tire/rim packages. The gislaved nord frost 3 is an exceptional tire which I would put up against any of the "name brand" ones out there. Let me know and I can get you a price, I spent 5 years at a dealership in SW ontario.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting…however, my problem is that I already have a set of Michelin Artic Alpins, and I just need to buy the rims. Do you know where I can get a reasonable price in Canada, for steel rims that will fit my car? Reasonable being around $100 - $125.

Barry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replying...sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am now stating to figure out what I want to do, since winter is just around the corner. I called the Volvo dealership, and they still want $197 CDN for a steel rim. Thats hard to take.

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. If there is anything else you could recommend, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Barry Morshead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts