Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I posted the problems I was having with my drivers window. The popping noise has worsened as well as the sticking before it reaches the top and a general loose, rattle within the door.
I took it to the local Volvo dealer because I still have some time left on the warranty extension that was purchased by the second owner. I was sure that any mech. or electrical problem with a window should be covered, wrong!
The repair cost is in line with other posts I have seen on this site, $960.00. The warranty company is saying that none of this is in my contract. Is this a common practice?
First I was told that the window regulator was being replaced then they described it as the " window cartridge". Would this have some effect on why it would or would not be covered?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I don't know the warranty company's very good.

I would have thought it would have been covered but all warranty's are also different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out that a window motor is warranted. But, a motor is just one component of a "window cassette" which is basically an assembly containing all of the parts that move the window up and down, motor, regulator, tracks, cables, everything except the glass itself.
Since I have other problems with the window besides just the motor, and the tech. recommends replacing the cassette, the warranty company get an easy out by "Thats not in our list of covered components."
How nice for them.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes it is part of the assembly. BUT They cannot be purchased seperatly.They can only be bought as a one peice assembly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, TECH.
I will definitely keep pressing the issue with the warranty company. Its not over until I have to write that check.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct, the motor cannot be purchased separately. Unfortunately the root of my problem was the fact that the motor was not yet completely dead. So the repair diag. by the tech listed other problems and a weak motor not a DEAD one. Its kind of like when you go to the doctor and their are two possible codes for the same procedure that can be put down on the sheet that gets sent to the insurance company. One code gets paid the other gets nada. Also the warranty company doesn't let you change your mind after your first contact without them sending an inspector to the job site.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That sucks your warranty company Sucks!!!

I have seen many pay for the job before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts