Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have electronic windows and locks on my Volvo. Today I rolled the driver's side window down and now it won't come back up, what gives? Did a fuse burn out or what?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Check the master window switch they do go bad.Some of the switches you can open up and clean out and then they will work fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a good idea, where would I find that?
I didn't get a owners manual with my car since I bought it used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give that a try. Just to let you know what its doing........when I push the button for it to go up it sounds like it wants to (the motor is running inside but it won't go up) I called the Volvo dealership here in Dallas and he said that they could fix it for almost $500.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Ok then if you hear the motor running then the window regulator is bad and will need to be relpaced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out you were right about it being the window regulator
I took it back to the dealership and they are going to fix it for $100....they didn't want me to think they sold me a lemon.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im happy to hear they are only charging you $100.00.
You are getting a good deal.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(mfeazel @ Jun 11 2005, 08:07 PM)Clap - on my 93 850, the switches are all in the center console. Is this what I should pop out and clean?

Car Guy
[snapback]9485[/snapback]​

You cannot access the switches on the 850 like on the other cars.The 850 switches are sealed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts