Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just thought I would register and ask you all a question about a S40 I have. We just picked it up the other day with the Premium Package, and Audio Package. Its flint gray with black leather. Its actually pretty nice. Well anyways, when I hold the unlock key down on the key fob, the windows wont roll down. We tried a 2004.5 S40 and the windows rolled down on that one but not on the 2005. Is there something I am doing wrong or what?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could you be a little bit more specific please. I tried what you said and it still did not work. I hope it can be fixed with a software upgrade or something since this car simply rocks.

Ah gotcha. thanks for the help. Seems odd that the other S40's on the lot that were 2004.5 worked fine as designed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1, Switch on the ignition
2, Pull the button for one of the front windows upwards (and keep it like that for a while) til the window makes a little "rattling" sound
3, Do the same with the other 3 windows

After that it should work... Cant be more specific, cause im Swedish, and my English is a bit rusty!!

/D

·
Registered
7 Posts
on my one, you have to unlock then hold the button down
so in theory twice not just the once if that makes sense

i do know this >can< be disabled so you may need it enabled again

·
Registered
2 Posts
My parents just bought a 2006 S40 T5, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the windows to roll down via remote...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ken

Follow the directions above if the feature is not active. If all else fails, ask your local dealer to show you how it works.

A lot of people have to see it done to get the hang of it. You actually have to press the button once to unlock the car, then press again and hold for a few seconds to roll the windows down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks.

I already tried "press-unlock-and-hold"

I tried the "press-unlock-let-go-unlock-and-hold." (double-press with hold at the second press)

Since the "double-unlock to unlock-all-doors" feature is enabled, I also tried the "press-unlock-let-go-unlock-let-go-unlock-and-hold." (triple-press with hold at the third press)

Nothing worked...

So. I tried all of the above with the second key/remote....

Nothing worked...

So, I tried the "windows-up-until-clicks" thing for all windows... then I tried all of the above again....

Nothing worked...

Each time I hold the unlock button, I hold it for at least 1-minute just to be sure I'm not going crazy.... Never worked...

I'm pretty sure the onboard computer firmware needs to be updated, 'cause if the feature is there, it's certainly isn't enabled...

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI! I just got a new 2006 s40 4 days ago!

after reading this topic I checked my car and the windows didn't go down either, so i went to the dealer service department and they told me that after the 2004.5 model they disabled this feature. They said that there was too many complaints and that although it is stated in the book that it does that, the feature is not available for hte 2005 and 2006 models

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine doesn't work either, shame this is a nice feature I use on other car, also nice is the reverse to close windows and sunroof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine dosen't work either during the first delivery. I ask the sales person, and he check it with the technician. Everything is fine except volvo disable the function for unknown reason. They enable it for me and the remote mirror works now, plus I got free coin holder for asking that function.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts