Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2005 XC90 and have noticed that I have a whistling noise on the front passenger window and a popping sound on the drivers side. When the side mirrors are retracted the noise stops. Does anyone know how to correct this problem or if there is an attachment that can go on the mirrors to help this.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you complained to the dealer yet?They had a problem with them when they first came out and there was a fix for it.If you haven't said anything to the dealer yet I would take it in and test drive with the shop foreman and show him the noise you are talking about so they can fix it properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the car to the dealer and they told me they adjusted the windows. Upon driving the car home both the passenger and the driver window still had the problem. Do you know what the fix is to solve this problem.

QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 24 2005, 08:25 AM)Have you complained to the dealer yet?They had a problem with them when they first came out and there was a fix for it.If you haven't said anything to the dealer yet I would take it in and test drive with the shop foreman and show him the noise you are talking about so they can fix it properly.
[snapback]3934[/snapback]​

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There used to be a peice of foam that they would install to help.I would take it back and make the service manager drive it and show him.They fight to achive the FIXED RIGHT THE FIRST TIME saying for Volvo.Thats what I would do complain to the service manager.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts