Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I folks. I am restoring a 2002 C70 Cab. The front seats are destroyed.

I am wondering whether the seats from a 2005 P1 C70 cab will fit without too much work? I realise that the later cars had side bags, and so I obviously could not connect those. But I am wondering about seat rail widths and electrical connectors. I have been quoted to have my seats restored, so that is an option. But it would be easier, quicker and signifactly cheaper if the newer seats fit. And they don't look that different, frankly, so I don't feel it would be detracting from my build too much.

Please don't shoot my. This is my first Volvo, done pretty much everything else under the sun, but I am genuinely here to learn.

My baby after a few months of work so far:

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
462 Posts
These are completely different cars so it is very unlikely the seats are readily interchangeable. You would have to compare the two side by side to see if there is any possibility to modify the later seats to fit. Be aware also the modification may be illegal and considered unsafe in the event of an accident.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are completely different cars so it is very unlikely the seats are readily interchangeable. You would have to compare the two side by side to see if there is any possibility to modify the later seats to fit. Be aware also the modification may be illegal and considered unsafe in the event of an accident.
Two quick things:
1) your comments about the legality of using later seats is absolute rubbish. Did you read this on the back of a pack of chewing gum? This may be my first Volvo, but I’ve been restoring cars for years. Aftermarket seats are a huge industry, so fitting later model seats is hardly considered a “modification”. There are no mod-plates required for different seats
2) Your comment about comparing the seats is a case of stating the obvious. Don’t you think I would do that if I could? Do you think I am posting because I’m too thick to think of the obvious? I’m asking whether anybody has done it. Whether the rail-widths are the same and whether the electrical connections are plug and play.

· Registered
462 Posts
Maybe you should look up the regulations governing changing seats in your Australian state. In Victoria for example a certificate of authorisation is required if the original seat mounts are not used or the car was manufactured after 1969. You may try your luck using the search facility in this forum to see if anyone has already successfully made this seat swap. I cannot recall any such entry in this forum over the last 15 years otherwise I would have supplied you with a link to it. We try our best to be helpful and respectful in this forum to all Volvo owners from all corners of the world with different levels of automotive experience and language difficulties and keep our entries appreciative when necessary and objective at all times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts