Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new owner of 2011 Volvo C30 Turbo. Want to replace low beam bulbs. Manual says H7.Because I wasn't sure how to safely remove the bulb from it's connector,I went to dealer parts dept. and was told it's H11..said the manual was wrong. Bulb manufacturers' ...some say H7 some sayH11. Volvo website diagrams say H11. Any suggestions for a definitive bulb number ? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
These two bulbs seem to be confused a lot as evidenced by entries in other forums (not just Volvos). The H7 is commonly used for the low beam but to be different Volvo used the H11 in a number of its cars, including the C30. Click on the following link to a Youtube video showing how to replace the headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
These two bulbs seem to be confused a lot as evidenced by entries in other forums (not just Volvos). The H7 is commonly used for the low beam but to be different Volvo used the H11 in a number of its cars, including the C30. Click on the following link to a Youtube video showing how to replace the headlight bulbs.
Hi new owner of 2011 Volvo C30 Turbo. Want to replace low beam bulbs. Manual says H7.Because I wasn't sure how to safely remove the bulb from it's connector,I went to dealer parts dept. and was told it's H11..said the manual was wrong. Bulb manufacturers' ...some say H7 some sayH11. Volvo website diagrams say H11. Any suggestions for a definitive bulb number ? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
the only problem is the overheating of cables supplying the power not rated for h11 but perhaps only relavent when switching from h1 to h7

·
Registered
446 Posts
The halogen bulbs are generally all rated at 55w irrespective of the number follwing H so there is no risk of the cable being under-rated and becides that a H7 connector to the bulb is different to the H11 connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks...that's a very good video. In a lot of the others, the back of the guy's hand seems to always get in the way of the part he's demonstrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts