Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, my name is Cathi Drost......and I am new to this Volvo forum. I actually was trying to locate a volvo club in Oregon, when I stumbled upon this forum.

I would like to direct anyone intersted to my Volvo website, which was started by my late husband, Hans Drost. You can find many interesting stories about our Volvos and how we met.....also due to our love of Volvos. My husband passed away last year, of skin cancer; I am keeping his ( our) website going through the help of friends......for I know, he would be so proud of me for doing that....and keeping the Volvo love going.

The Website is: www.classic-volvos.com

Warm regards,
Cathi Drost

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry about your loss!
That is a very nice website.Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

What a lovely idea - and what a pretty website! Thanks for the link. My husband and I ordered our 1st Volvo in October 2004 - a red s40 2.4i. It should be arriving within the next month and we're VERY EXCITED!! Have never been volvo fans really, until we saw this car... I have now taken a keen interest in the brand (SAFEST car on the road!!) and read whatever I can lay my hands on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your kind words about our website. Yes, I agree and in my case, the Volvo played a supporting role in how we came to know each other. It is truly amazing how God works in the lives of those who chose to follow His guidance.

I am glad to hear that you and your husband will join the ranks of Volvo ownership! They are very safe and reliable......my 740 I have is already 14 years old, and I wouldnt trade it for anything else.

Have many happy years of driving ahead.......

Sincerely,
CH Drost

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Cathi,
I'm very pleased to hear someone is keeping the old car. Two years ago I wanted to sell my old Volvo 460 GLE from 1994 but my daughter who just took her driving license didn't let me, because she said "I feel safe in this car", so I had to buy another car for me and my wife (naturally another Volvo). We are definitely Volvo fans. We think there's no safer car.
Sincerely yours, Stefan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your comment about the Volvo--- Yes, I am always encouraged to hear about these cars! It is a good idea to keep driving a Volvo----

Many happy miles to you,
C. Drost

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hi Cathy...

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts