Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 1989 volvo 240 DL where is the fuel pump relay located. I know I can replace it for $28.00.

fbhall22

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It should be either under the dash on the passenger side under the lower dash panel.Or on the drivers side under the dash panel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
fbhall22
Did you ever find the fuel pump relay? If not, look at your fuse box and at the back of it are the relays. The large white one is the fuel pump relat. If the car is quitting on it's own then change this relay. 28.00 is a very good price. Most times they run around $60.00 US

Let me know

Corny

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The 240 is not like the 740.The 240 fuse box is locked bye the drivers door.It houses no relays at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 1 2005, 06:40 AM)The 240 is not like the 740.The 240 fuse box is locked bye the drivers door.It houses no relays at all.
[snapback]2861[/snapback]​

here's a diagram of the location of the relay's. shouldn't have to pay more than $24 for a new one here at fcpgroton.com.

http://www.fcpgroton.com/volvo240relayswitch.htm

ebay has 'em used and cheap. i can get them at my local junkyard for a few dollars.

regards,
byron golden
86 245
92 245

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES! where are the relays. I didn't see any diagram in the last post --- a link to a parts vendor, good price, But where are the relays? Looking for overdrive relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 89' 240, and I found the f.p. relay under the passenger side dash all the way back. Peel back the top of the carpet where it meets the dash and you'll find it against the firewall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts