Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes it's me again...

now i remember it.. sometimes when i turn off the key my B23 don't want 2 stop.
it seems like she gets a bit of the fuel and she just turns a few times more and then stops.
i know almost every part of this car but this 2 problems (one topic before an this) are making my self confused.
every suggestion will make my day even more happy

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The timing might be off and the engine is actually running backwords.
Also you might want to check some of the wiring.Make sure nothing is getting power when it shouldn't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
THis condition is sometimes called run-on, or dieseling, and is usually caused by excessive carbon on top of the pistons. Carbon builds up in every engine over time, but more so in engines that drive for short trips rather than long trips. There are some chemical additives that can help to remove excess carbon, but sometimes the only solution is to remove the cylinder head to clean it up.

Try the chemical first. That could be a cheap fix. Another potential cause is incorrect spark plugs being installed. Check to make sure that the right ones are in the engine, and also check the timing setting. Also, if you always buy your gas at the same place, change to a different gas station. Poor quality fuel will also cause the run-on problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One more thing...........
I forgot to mention, if the motor is operating hotter than normal (due to stuck thermostat, clogged radiator), this can also cause the problem you have.
NOTE: Don't rely on the temperature gauge to tell you it is running hot, as these cars have notoriously inaccurate gauges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts