Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My T5 has 16" genuine Volvo wheels and currently I use 205/50 tyres. In the place I live roads are terrible so I am planning to relpace those tyres by 205/60 or even 65. Can you tell me if it's going to fit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I suggest you keep the 16-inch rims/wheels.

As for the tyres, i think the 65 will rub hard onto your fenders. I am using 55 now, and at times, they do occasionally rub.

Anyway, try asking the tyre-shop for more advice, and see for your self.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about fitting VOLVO 850 T-5 with r16 rims (offset 47 , J7 ) and use tires R16 205/55 ?

Will if fit correct or will rub ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
does volvo make any 15" rims that could be used in this application? after i broke some factory chrysler alloys on a curb in D.C. i found the dealer replacements so expensive that i went looking around in salvage yards for the factory 16"s... and instead, i found 4 15"s with good tires that fit and worked really well. (cheap too, but it was a chrysler)

maybe there is something like that for your application?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Volvo has various 15" wheels. The main ones that came on the 850 were the Cetus. You can usually find some on ebay and they aren't very expensive. They are a pretty good looking wheel also. The tire was a 195/65/15 but you could go to a 205 or even a 215 and still be OK.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
The 55 series tyres will do OK on the fenders.

The 850s NAs are typically fitted with 15inch wheels, at factory spec if i am not mistaken. So, yes, you can have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts