Volvo Owners Forum banner

Wheel And Chrome Problems

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TheGreekMason 
#1 ·
Sorry for 2 questions at once,,I am new on this forum, however I have had the XC90 for 2 years.

My chrome wheel lugs are rusty. I think that they are just lug nut covers? I am not sure on this, however is this happening on your wheel lug nuts?

The chrome strips that go around the windows are cloudy. At first the dealer said that if you polish them, then it goes away. I tried this, and it still there. You can see this within the chrome strips. Does anybody else have problems with this?

thanks
bill

#3 ·
I had every piece of trim around the windows replaced. I traced the problem to the auto car wash. Showed up right after going thru one at the gas station. Never again. It was one of the chemicals. Now I wash my car on my driveway...chrome is perfect.

All replaced under warranty which is good because some of the pieces are over $100.00 a piece.

Tim

#6 ·
just a word of advice about the lugs on your xc90, be careful when you remove them, they are made of two parts and will snap in half if you are not careful. if the car is not under warranty, or the dealer won't replact them, try costco, they have them and they are a hell of lot cheaper and of better quality. my brother-in-laws xc90 had this problem, but not with the costco items. and they haven't rusted yet. of course, now that i have said this, they have probably rusted all the way through. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.