Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idle question time, not long had my v50 08 and was looking in the boot space i have a space saver and a scissor jack that doesn't seem to fit anywhere also the retaining screw for the spare is to short am i missing something?
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs Wheel

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
sometimes the jack lives inside the rim, and the wheel is stored the other way up, with the nut flange down, see the little hook part on the screw, I think the side plate of the jack may slide onto that, and you may find it only works with the jack in a certain position (ie part open.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks for the reply and help understand yes i followed the instructions but without a picture showing how it should look i cant work it out, the diagram and instructions are a bit vague and for sure i've parts absent.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here are pictures of the space saver spare tyre and the jack mounted underneath. I have a 2006 V50 and the spare has never been removed (until today when I took the photos) so the jack is still as mounted at the factory. Note the convex side of the wheel faces up and the clamp bolt should readily reach but only if screwed into the left most hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are pictures of the space saver spare tyre and the jack mounted underneath. I have a 2006 V50 and the spare has never been removed (until today when I took the photos) so the jack is still as mounted at the factory. Note the convex side of the wheel faces up and the clamp bolt should readily reach but only if screwed into the left most hole.
thank you, i dont have the mat for under the spare was wondering about scratching the paint and have obviously the wrong fixing screws or only the one for the jack see my picture, again thanks guys for your time and help perfectly clear how it should be stowed away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts