Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first posting so here goes, I need to change the tyres on my 1999/00 classic se v70. It was supplied with p6000's and they as you can see have lasted well.I've covered just under 54000 miles on them and to be honest ,I'm needing to change them soon. Has anyone had any experiences with Michelin pilot tyres? Has anyone had problems with road noise,poor durability,understeer when wet or are they an O.K sort of tyre to use? Any comments would be welcome, thanks, Matt Oswin P.s The car is just a bog standard 140bhp non turbo wet nappy.(sorry dieper)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The michellin Pilots would be they way to go. They are a great tire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE(Matt Oswin @ Mar 2 2005, 08:49 PM)
This is my first posting so here goes, I need to change the tyres on my 1999/00 classic se v70. It was supplied with p6000's and they as you can see have lasted well.I've covered just under 54000 miles on them and to be honest ,I'm needing to change them soon. Has anyone had any experiences with Michelin pilot tyres? Has anyone had problems with road noise,poor durability,understeer when wet or are they an O.K sort of tyre to use? Any comments would be welcome, thanks, Matt Oswin P.s The car is just a bog standard 140bhp non turbo wet nappy.(sorry dieper)
[snapback]4381[/snapback]​

Hello matt,just read your message and am just letting you know that i have CHAMPIRO HPZ-45 GT RADIALS 225/45 ZR17 91W's on my V70 2.4(170bhp)se auto.Have done 13000 plus miles on them and still look like new,noise seems ok,wet weather running is good as for price,they were fitted new when i got the car last june so i couldnt tell you how much they cost,you may find some on the net if you have a look around.Hope this is of some help.Cheers mate and let us know what you get and how much?Oh, have you tried BLACK CIRCLE tyres?They are on www.blackcircles.com and if you are a volvo owners club member you can get some discount.....it might be worth a try? Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts