Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine was an 87 dodge dakota :x guess my dad figured i'd be in alot of accidents so i get a nice beater to start out in lol and umm yeah i must say i didnt feel a thing in those accidents LOL

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Mine was a 1978 plymouth Arrow that i purchased my self.I thought it was the bomb cruising at 120 mph on the highway.Drove it about a year and wasn't watching the oil pressure guage and burned up the bearings.Then back to driving my parents Volkswagon rabbit deisel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1993 vauxhall cavalier i swapped my broken bmx bike for it and have nearly finished fixing it but ill probably sell it now that i have the volvo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was a 1969 Fiat 500L - very unlike my Volvo!. I got it when I was 16 and rebuilt it in time for my 17th birthday. It had a 499cc 2-cylinder engine giving an incredible 18bhp and no syncrmech on it's four-speed gearbox. You could just about hit 60mph downhill with a following wind. I fitted a later 650cc engine and could see 75mph - quite fast enough in something so small (it was only 9ft 9in long). I rolled it over and that was the end of that.

Ed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was a 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel L, pumping a whopping 53hp, but I kept the oil changed and NEVER HAD 1 PROBLEM! I had it for about a year, and then sold it because it was just too damn slow, even though it got 40-50mpg. Couldn't kill it, though, even through the abuse of crazy country boy on back roads!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I was there was well We had 4 VW rabbits.2 Diesel and 2 gas.I killed one of the Diesel's.I tried really hard to kill the other one as well by using is as a mud bog car but couldn't kill it.We ended up selling it with 325,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
3 Litre Austin. No idea how powerful, but plenty of petrol. I think they were supplied with truck engines in those days. Megatons of power though

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i got 2 cars at the same time my baby which is my 1986 Volvo 760 Turbo and a 1988 olds cutlass supreme but I let my dad drive it cuz he messed up his truck and he messed it all up it was a nice car too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
mine was my parents 1967 Chevy Bel Aire. Followed closely by a 1964 Rambler. The first car that I could call mine was a 1970 Chevelle and man do I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My first car was a 1980 Datsun 210. That car was so simple and reliable.
I traded it in after it reached 200K miles.

Eli

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(eli @ Mar 23 2005, 09:28 PM)My first car was a 1980 Datsun 210. That car was so simple and reliable.
I traded it in after it reached 200K miles.

Eli
[snapback]5597[/snapback]​

They were great cars werent they.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine was a 1979 Mecury Monarch..I paid 200 for it and only had it for 2 months..I got pulled over and they send me for inspection..id had Holes in the trunk and I couldn't afford to fix it

·
Registered
6 Posts
1975 BMW 2002. I loved that car. It was a white 5 speed with a crank open sunroof and leather interior. I was born in 1975 actually. I lived on Pensacola beach and I'm really lucky to be a quiet country living mom now and not dead or something after all the fun I had!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
An MGB GT, '72 or '73, I cant rememeber. British Racing Green of course. Biggest piece of crap, but a blast to drive when it wasnt broke. Man I loved that car!!!

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
My first car (given to me by dear mom and dad to drive to college) was a 1970 Ford LTD. Blue with blue vinyl top and blue vinyl interior. It would seat 8 easily, which made me very popular when it came time to drive somewhere for dinner. First car that I purchased was a 1981 Ford EXP. Neat little car with a sunroof, 4 speed and Pioneer sound system.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts