Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,
I have this problem,after a long drive ,I find that the floor board ( driver's side ) is usually slightly damp ! Can it be due to the air conditioning system ? By the way , I drive the 740 GLE ( 1991) Please advice.

Regards
MTT Naidu-Kuala Lumpur

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Alot of times with age the a/c lower case cracks by the a/c drain causing it to leak inside the car.Also if the rubber gasket between the firewall and the case falls apart when you are driving the water blows back on the firewall and leaks into the car by the drain hole.One thing you can do to test is stick a peice of hose into the a/c drain and run the other side into the frame channel under where the drain is.Be careful only to stick the hose in about 1/4 of an inch if it goes in to far the water cant drain at all.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(EdinDC @ Mar 17 2005, 08:31 AM)I've had a similar problem in my rear passenger side floor board (right under the driver's seat) and couldn't figure out where the leak came from. Where do I find the A/C drain? Thanks!
[snapback]5209[/snapback]​

The a/c drain on your car is under the dash on the drivers side I believe.You will have to remove the panel that goes from the dash to the console.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts