Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

1) I have to replace the weather stripping on the passenger side that goes around the door jam and not the door itself. Is this a pop in pop out deal and if it is, is there a trick in doing it. The plastic sill has to come off. The dealer wants to charge me $40, should l try it or let the dealer handle it?

2) I noticed today that on the drivers side on the floor there should be two plastic nipples that go through the floor mats that hold it inplace.
Well one is gone completely and the dealers parts department said that a piece goes under the carpet while the plastic nipple attaches to it and l will have to get under the carpet to do this.

The missing plastic nipple happens to be the one closest to the door
so it has to be easier then the other one. Where the carpet goes under the door sill seems to be the logical place to go under but there are no screws so it must be a pressure or snap lock. What's the best way to take it off without breaking it or is there an easier way.

Thanks

Alan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The seal should come off without removeing the trim panels.When installing you migth have to work some of it with a small screwdriver.

The plastic trim by the carpet just pull on it to remove it.Then you will be able to reach under to fix the tab.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tech

I see that you are a "Mustang Man", what's with the interest in Volvo's.

I'm a "vette Man"

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Volvo's have been my job for the last 5 years.
Thats how I put the bread on the table.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks l was able to fix the tab.

The next project is the molding. Now knowing how to remove it l will be able to do the molding myself. By the way is the molding one piece and is it molded.

The reason that l am asking is that the problem is on 4 inches at most. When l take the molding off will l be able to move the molding around so that the damaged section is now under the molding that l took off.

Just a thought.

Alan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is there a way you can post a pic of what you are talking about so I can be sure to give you the proper info?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[attachmentid=366][attachmentid=367]Tech

This is the passenger front side door jam. What l was thinking if it's possible is to just move the damaged piece under the bottom molding?

Just a thought!

Thanks

Alan

I hope this works this is new to me!

Attachments

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The weather strip is molded and there is nothing on the bottom.
The weather strip just pulls off.The plastic trim on the bottom also just pulls up to remove.You can install a new one in about 10 min.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts