Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During heavy rain today on country roads I hit a deepish puddle causing a bow wave of water over the car. A message ('Service Needed') came up almost immediately and the car was sluggish for the next five or ten miles. Stopped and restarted the car, no message and sluggishness went.
Anything I should be concerned about?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It could have been that when the engine got wet water could have gotten in by the spark plugs.If they get wet they missfire causing sluggish feeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 20 2004, 03:59 PM)It could have been that when the engine got wet water could have gotten in by the spark plugs.If they get wet they missfire causing sluggish feeling.
[snapback]1240[/snapback]​

Thanks. I was surprised seeing that the XC90 is presumably designed to cope with this sort of thing given it's got 4X4 status!
I'll avoid any water deeper than 2" at speed from now on:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(blowpipe @ Nov 21 2004, 11:52 AM)Thanks. I was surprised seeing that the XC90 is presumably designed to cope with this sort of thing given it's got 4X4 status!
I'll avoid any water deeper than 2" at speed from now on:(
[snapback]1262[/snapback]​

If the engine got wet enough to cause a missfire then wouldnt it have set a check engine light. How deep was the water and did you have the same problem later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts