Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I drive a 1984 Volvo 240GLM. The floor carpet on the driver's side of my car, almost always gets wet after a heavy downpour. At first, I thought the water was coming from the windshield, so I used some clear sealant to seal the areas surrounding the windshield. But water still gets in the driver's side floor carpet everytime it rains. I have no idea where the water is coming in from. Does anyone out there have any ideas?? If so, how can I put an end to this??

Thanks and best wishes!

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys.

Tech - Nope, I do not have a sunroof. As for rust around the wind shield ... well, there is no rust. I recently applied some clear sealant around it, but no difference.

Corny - I doubt that its caused by the rubber plugs under the rug. If this was the case, water will only get in while driving out in the rain. But in my case, water gets in even when I park my car out when it rains.

Sometimes when driving in the rain, I can feel drops of water falling from somewhere around the area where the brake and gas pedals are, and falling on my foot. But I have no idea where the water is coming in from.

Hope this helps guys.

Regards.

Mark David

·
Volvo Guru !
5,911 Posts
Check the firewall areas under the hood and look for a torn rubber grommet or some rust on the firewall area.Other than that im not really sure.The only other thing you could do is wait till it is pretty dry then wet with a hose and look under the dash for the leak.You can try wetting down diffrent area's one at a time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Water gets caught under floorboards if drain holes are clogged. Check drain holes under body along the edge under doors--there are three on each side--and use a coat hanger or large wire to clean out any rust/debris. This solved a similar problem in my car and I have never had a repeat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.