Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 850 turbo wagon and the rear hatch is a real pain in the rear to close. We have to slam it so hard the car locks itself. I have tried adjusting both sides of the latch (the hatch side and the car side) and have not solved the problem. The latch will catch but will not go to the next position, which is sealed and secured. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time that is an indication the latch is bad.You can try to lube it and see if it closes easier.I would still replace it though.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Mace,

I have seen a few wagons (including mine) which are left with broken 'insides'. According to the mechanic, the clip that holds the internal padding to the tailgate was broken. And the only one way to settle this (according to the mechanic lah) is to replace the whole internal padding. If there are left status quo, it would make an extremely annoying noise whenever the road surface is not 100%-flat. The vibrations.

However, when I bought the car, i noticed that there were two oversized screws (that looked like they do not belong there) drilled from the inside to the metal door. Of course, needless to say, the two screws helped to alleviate the vibrations, but not totally though.

My point is, better not your problem escalate to the level where the internal padding breaks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a 'fix it kit' for this on Japanese Yahoo, consisting of adjuster plate etc. If you need more details I will feret them out for you if you haven't found the solution as yet.

Cheers

Oz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts