Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side window on my '99 S80 started opening and closing askew this morning - seems to be pulling (when opening) more towards to the front and the rear portion of the window moves only slightly downward, then stops. The window only goes a couple of inches down then stops. I had to trigger it to close and then grab it from both sides to get to slip back into proper position.

What can cause this all of a sudden? I have not been able to find any obvious cause - door damage, signs of attempted break-in, etc.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sounds like a bad window regulator.The regulators are cable driven and sometimes the cables break.That sounds like your problem.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I forget how pricey it is should be about 1.0 to 1.5 hour labor and a couple hundred for the regulator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi..saw your post about your volvo's window opening and closing askew...my s80 just started doing the same thing.Was it the window regulator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, My S80 (2001) has been doing the same. Brought it into the garage and the say the regulator is gone but had also slippen on the fron rails. They realigned it on the rails and this has helped but I still need to get a new regulator and this will cost €190 plus time to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing was happening to my S80, same side, volvo garage re-lubricated the window guides ( smelt like wd40 spray ) and it has been OK up to 6 months since it was done. Although they did comment that the regulator could be faulty if it happened again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts