Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Volvo's Certified cars it makes it hard to buy from any other place even wholesale for a late model.

They give you new tires, cheap financing 1.9% for 24 months and a 100,000/6yr new car warranty.

If l am unable to buy a V70 this week on auction from Volvo Leasing at a great price with low miles and in excellent condition, l will be going retail.

Between everything they give you, you get a similar savings with a better warranty and the time to really check the car out.

What are your thoughts??

If l see a V70 2.4turbo then it will be a no brainer, but it must be in minto condition.

Alan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I agree it is a very good deal.They look those cars over good before putting them on the line.
All servicing must be done.Brakes must be within good specs.All mounts must be good.All tires must be good and matching.

You will get a good deal buying one of them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What irk's me is that the dealership has first right to take a lease return or return it to Volvo. But their lots have only so so cars in it.

The V40 that l returned to Volvo was on the lot and they were asking $15,600.

That was my buy back number. Now if l bought my car back, l would get a perfect wagon with new tires and an extended warranty plus cheap financing.

Some business.

Alan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally I don't buy cars from the dealerships.

I'll grant that its been serviced just before you get it, and comes with warranty, but in my book they charge about £2k over the odds for the car. Don't think that you'll get that back when you come to trade it in either.

My car goes to the dealership because it NEEDS to not because I want to.

When Volvo get round to stop being so 'elitist' with their pricing and charge sensible for money for cars,parts and labour I'll happily go there more often.

Barmy
--------
jesus built my volovo ...its a love affair
ding a ding dang my dang along ling long
.. but the devil owns all the dealerships

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

The extended warranty costs over $2000 and is not as long and they give you new tires. Did l mention cheap financing?

If by chance you get a Volvo with problems you will be raped for sure.

Either way it's a crap shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts