Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There----
Am new to the forum and new to Volvos. I've always gone "Japanese" with my vehicles ('77 Toyota Celica, '88 Honda Civic and '95 Toyota Corolla) until the Toyota finally gave in at 220,000 miles. After a brief stint with a friend's used '92 Olds Cutlass Ciera recently, (gasped at 167,000 miles for me...!) I'm here in the Volvo ownership category. I bought a 1992 Volvo 240 in very good condition on Long Island from woman that clearly garaged it for the better part of it's life. I enter European car ownership with a little trepidation as I've always had the (perhaps misplaced) impression that they are ALL hard to work on and that they are maintenance nightmares... So, here I am.... The car sounds pretty good, handles quite well and is an acceleration DOG as reported everywhere.... but am looking for confirmation from YOU, my fellow owners, that I made a good choice! What do I need to know about my 240? How do they handle in the snow? (I live in New York City) What things can I do to help get 200+ miles out of this puppy? Do tell. Do tell. Do tell.....
david

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Let me the first to say WELCOME, O DAVID OF NYC!

You could check out the 240 forum, and immerse yourself with the information resting therein.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts