Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 S60 T5 that came with a old design keyless remote. I recently Bought a "new" Volvo Remote with the integrated Key on ebay, but obviously serial numbers to programme the remote was lost. However, I was able to swap the remote's circuit board from one of my old design remotes and fit it into the casing of the new integrated remote. (both the new and old remotes circuit boards are identicle).

Only problem now is the key blade(need to replace) and the immobiliser transponder that forms the top of the integrated remote. This can be separated from the remote. I am reluctant to pay the dealers here over US$125 just for the new blank key with the transponder. I understand that the Volvo Part # of just the intergrated blank key with the transponder is 8626580. Does anyone know where I can get a more reasonable deal on the key blade, can seem to find it any where? Or does any one know how to open the plastic section of the integrated key so that I can just get a normal S66NN key cut to size? Also, can the transponder be programme without the 4 digit code serial number or duplicated with one of the existing key?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im not sure where you can get the key.But once you get one the dealer will need to program it.No codes are needed to program the key.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Some come with the top half of the remote.And others have a little roll pin that holds the key blank in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi teosmj,
I'm planning to do something like that getting a key flip on ebay.
Have you got some result with the blade ?

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts