Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there forumnists!

I will not be here very often, just surfing by some Volvo related stuff on the internet.

What about my ride:

I drive a
Volvo 850 Tdi Sedan
450.000km (!) and still running as new!
Rica Chiptuned (174 HP)
Strutbrace
Clear Headlights and blinkers
LED's in the headlight and sidemarkers
Strobes underneath the hood (just for fun)
T5-R Interior (memory seats, leather/alcantara with heating)
15' Volvo Antlia Alloys
17' Volvo Titan Alloys
etc. etc....

As a member (and secretary) of the Dutch Volvo 850 Club I am interested in all info on the 850 I can find, wherever!

Hope to find some information that is new to me, always nice to learn something!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
You said you had clear headlights and blinkers. A friend of mine has a 96 960. Someone replaced one of the headlights with a clear type. He wants to replace the other one with a clear but we can't find any online. If you know where he might get one please let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome aboard, denkweb!

Indulge yourself in the information and knowledge herein.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(jks2 @ Aug 2 2005, 08:26 PM)You said you had clear headlights and blinkers. A friend of mine has a 96 960. Someone replaced one of the headlights with a clear type. He wants to replace the other one with a clear but we can't find any online. If you know where he might get one please let me know.
[snapback]12665[/snapback]​

The 850 lights are ordered at:

Scan Tech Production AB
Skyttbrinksvägen 11
147 39 TUMBA (SWEDEN)
Telefoon: 46 8 4499600
Fax: 46 8 7276668
mail: [email protected]
http://www.scantechsweden.com/
VAT SE556276801901
BANK SEB Stockholm Sweden
A/C 5246 1008140
Swift-adress: ESSESESS

I do not know if they have these for the 960 series as well, but you can always try to mail them!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
In the second photo your speedo shows a 200+k's per hour.

Were you really driving that speed and taking photo's too?

Like, are you sick of living?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Four months without a drivers' license actually, speed limit is 120km/h in Holland, the Impreza from the Dutch police did over 220 to get me stopped...

I didn't see them, they couldn't get in front because there was a trafficlight ahead after which they never saw me again... (I wished).

At home they where already waiting for me...

After all I spend some time without a license, without my car and almost without my own bed, but luckely for me my wife is forgivingfull! As well was the judge, after four months I got my paper back (not paperback , lol) and was given a ticket of 750 euro's.... nice christmas that was!

This was 2 years ago, took the picture just before it happened, so it is a kind of souvenir.

Also have a picture of the dash driving 120 km/h with only 1000rpm. Was a puzzle until somebody
found out the car was not placed in a gear when I took the picture, was worth the discussion of how fast my car would be going at 4500rpm though!

I saw the impreza back through my job (chief of towservice alarm assistance) by the way, pictures below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Auckland @ Aug 3 2005, 03:47 PM)
In the second photo your speedo shows a 200+k's per hour.

Were you really driving that speed and taking photo's too?

Like, are you sick of living?

[snapback]12730[/snapback]​

From my CSI-education
on AXN on sat.
=

The photo of the dash-meters were from an angle = therefore he must have had help!

He had help = there was someone else in the car!

Someone else in the car = for entertainment purposes, let's assume it's a she (what a boring world it must be if not
) !

It's a SHE = must have been a BRAVE soul to have travelled in a Normally Aspirated car going > 200 kmhs, with an engine of 174BHP with RICA ECU-tuning....

------------

And let's not forget one thing - its an NA!

Imagine what if he slips the RICA into a T5 engine... or worse, and R engine...

... i bet, screeeeching is all their hear all the time...

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(denkweb @ Aug 7 2005, 01:21 AM)Four months without a drivers' license actually, speed limit is 120km/h in Holland, the Impreza from the Dutch police did over 220 to get me stopped...

I didn't see them, they couldn't get in front because there was a trafficlight ahead after which they never saw me again... (I wished).

At home they where already waiting for me...

After all I spend some time without a license, without my car and almost without my own bed, but luckely for me my wife is forgivingfull! As well was the judge, after four months I got my paper back (not paperback , lol) and was given a ticket of 750 euro's.... nice christmas that was!

This was 2 years ago, took the picture just before it happened, so it is a kind of souvenir.

Also have a picture of the dash driving 120 km/h with only 1000rpm. Was a puzzle until somebody
found out the car was not placed in a gear when I took the picture, was worth the discussion of how fast my car would be going at 4500rpm though!

I saw the impreza back through my job (chief of towservice alarm assistance) by the way, pictures below.
[snapback]12942[/snapback]​

DOOOOOOODEEE!

You're a SPEED-
DEMON!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(denkweb @ Aug 6 2005, 07:21 PM)
[snapback]12942[/snapback]​

I'm not de speeddevil as the topic makes you think, just over de border of Holland, you end up in Germany. I live at the border. In Germany they have some nice roads called Autobahn, with no speed limit!!

Ashame the rest of the world doesn't have so many of these.

Normally I cruise at about the maximumspeed, I like to pull away at a traffic sign but I'm no speeddevil! Especially now that I have been caught once! Next time I will have a HUGE problem!

On the picture, I TOOK IT MYSELF, HOLDING THE CAMERA AWAY AT ABOUT THE DRIVERS' SEAT. I never speed with other people in the vehicle, to inresponsible to them! Only on a (almost) empty road or sometimes in Germany, where it is legally allowed.

The Rica chip is a must have for this car, one of the best Volvo tuners in the world, they tune for Volvo Cars in the Netherlands through VADIS as well by the way. Says something on the quality, doesn't it?

Gives a nice torque, some 30-35 BHP extra and just feels nice! Before I had this GLT (2.5 20v with 170BHP standard) and I always missed the 30 BHP under my feet, so this was a great solution! Is Rica in other countries known as well by the way??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you install the headlights yourself? If so, do you have any advice? I just ordered the same ones this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts