Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got a 1993 volvo 240 wagon for suceeding grade-wise in college. While I wish it was a 82' corvette, I cant complain.

Anyway, I definatly want to install a tachometer into one of the two panels next to the dash that were designed for aftermarket accessories. But call me stupid if you want but I cannot find a tachometer like this for the life of me. Could someone post a few links to aftermarket volvo accessories sites?

Also, anything else I might want to add to this car? I think I might want some cup holders or something, hehe.

anyway, thanks for yalls help!! peace!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The small tach and many other gauges are available for the Volvo. Egauges has gauges for sale in 52mm size for the Volvo and others. You can also find them used and in junk yards in various conditions. An oil pressure gauge is one you might want to add as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 27 2005, 06:43 PM)If you can find an old 240 turbo in the junk yard I believe they had the small tach off to the side.
[snapback]4128[/snapback]​

240 Turbos has the large tach in place of the clock, and a small tach in one of the slots off to the right.

I'd recommend getting a big factory tach anyway. They're more useful, since you don't have to devote as much attention to look at them. If you also want a factory clock, add the small one.

BTW, any 81-93 240 tach will work, but 81-88 have a shiny finish on the face, and 89-93 have a flat finish. The later tachs are almost impossible to find in the US. I've had a few shipped in from europe in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts