Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a new S40 2.4i this week - I've only had the car for four days and have already picked up two major problems;

1) The fuel line sprung a severe leak
just off the fuel tank this afternoon loosing about half a tank of petrol in 10 minutes and I had to have the car towed in.

2) The climate control on the left side of the car randomly switches to full heat for no apparent reason.

This is highly dangerous and completely unacceptable for a new Volvo and cetainly does not live up to the brand name.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your new S40.I agree it is unacceptable.The only quiestion I would have about the fuel line is was it possibly damaged during shipping?The A/C problem may just be a software fluke with the computer.Let me know how you make out after you get the car back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

This is shocking indeed. I am also from South Africa (Durbanville, Cape Town) and our new s40 2.4i will be arriving soon. Which dealership did you purchase your car from? Did you order any after-market accessories? e.g. We ordered a wing spoiler and we're going to have the "defense-pack" windows (smash-and-grab prtection) installed as well -- I am very worried about the fact that our new car may get damaged while off the dealership's floor. Maybe yours got damaged during shipping. Please let us know as soon as you have everything sorted out and the best of luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts