Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech,

I've ordered Haynes and Chilton manuals from a friend already (to bring it back when the person returns from Switzerland), so, in the meantime, I hope you'd bear with my curiosities.

How many vacuum elbows are there in the typical 855T5 engine?

Could you please share with us, the locations of them all?

Thanks so much, dude!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is kind of hard to keep teck of all of them.
There is one on the end of the intake manifold on the rigth side of the car.It is behind the power steering pump.
There should be 3 of them under the throttle cable cover.
There is a couple of more if them on the other end of the hoses that run from under the throttle cable cover.
There is one of them on the cruise control motor.
There is some on the turbo and the small hoses around the Valves for the turbo.

I cant remember all of them there might be a few more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one next to the turbo goes out all the time, 75% chances that it is damaged.
The nipple gets plugged and needs to be cleaned, that is very important.
If the plastic hose that goes to the intake, behind the P/S pump is plugged, then bypass the elbows and run vacuum hose all the way.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks Tech and Vitor.

Again on the vacuum elbows. I noticed a few of the owners here have changed the original vacuum hoses all into silicon-based ones.

What do you guys think of that? Any known problems?

If the silicone hoses don't make any difference and keep coming off as well, well, might as well i forget the whole thing. As of I write, the zip-ties on the vacuum elbow just below my throttle-disc is still on, and still well!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Just be careful using the silicon hoses.I have seen some installed and they were not strong enough.When the engine created max vaccum they collapsed.Just keep an eye for that.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the chance to interview one of the owners who fit in the silicon hoses into his baby - his comments are that thus far, everything runs great.

Think I'll give it a little more time before I change the standard, original hoses into the silicone ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone's interested, here's a picture of the vacuum hoses, and where they lead to...

Edited: Argh, sorry. Server rejected uploading. Will try again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.