Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the Forum a few weeks ago. Proud owner of a 2005 V70R AWD, an amazing car in every sense, acceleration, handling, braking, comfort, etc.
After putting 150,000 miles on a 1998 V70 -it was just broken in -it was time for something different.
If there are any V70R owners out there I would be interested in what kind of mileage you are getting under average driving conditions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to decide between getting a 2005 V70 2.5T and a 2005 V70 R. Reliability is very important to me, and while the extra power offered by the R is appealing, I wouldn't trade it for reliability of the lower compression 2.5 engine. (Assuming the R breaks more frequently than the 2.5T)

What's been your experience? And, oh yeah, what IS the fuel economy that you've gotten with the R?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an '04 V70R with the 6 speed manual transmission. I've put 17k miles on it so far. Of course mileage depends on how you drive, but if I try, I can get 27-28 mpg on the highway by cruising at 70. Usually I cruise at 80+ and the mileage drops to 24-25. I think that's still pretty good for all that horsepower in a fairly large car.

Mileage around town is pretty lousy, but I think that's just a function of car weight, stop and go traffic and a heavy right foot.

I haven't seen an '05 R yet, but I understand that Volvo has fixed the goofy radio controls. They are about the only complaint I have, otherwise I really like the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 V70R and have done just over 17k.

The mileage figures I achieve are pretty much the same as Kurt's.

Not sure what you mean about the radio control Kurt, can you explain.

Another point. When the chassis sytem is on Advanced the car is very "bouncy". Is this normal as I don't feel particulary safe and and able to trust the car yet.

Comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
First of all the Volvo V70 is not a performance
vehicle and was never meant to be. It's a station wagon or family hauler first.

The regular turbo model is just fine for most needs and if more performance is needed buy something else like a Corvette.

Alan

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE(DerekV70R @ Apr 30 2005, 08:58 PM)I have a 2004 V70R and have done just over 17k.

The mileage figures I achieve are pretty much the same as Kurt's.

Not sure what you mean about the radio control Kurt, can you explain.

Another point. When the chassis sytem is on Advanced the car is very "bouncy". Is this normal as I don't feel particulary safe and and able to trust the car yet.

Comments would be appreciated.
[snapback]7372[/snapback]​

The radio doesn't have any preset buttons, you have to turn a (rather small) knob or cycle through the steering wheel button. Its pretty much the same for AM/FM, there's a knob instead of a button and its easy to turn it too far or the wrong way. It just seems rather counterintuitive to me. As I said, its a small gripe in an otherwose excellent car.

I agree on the advanced setting,but my other car is a race tuned '75 TR6 so I'm used to that buckboard ride. I think the advanced setting is awesome on a smooth road but not so good if the road is rough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts