Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the the front left door lock stop working. Must be opened manually. Is there anyone who knows if the Window regulator needs to replaced if this is happening? The electric window works fine. And the button on the key locks the door, simply won't unlock it. Love anyone who has had experience with this to drop me a line. Also want to raise lower beams as I have noticed like other owners, they are fairly low.

Thanks.

Jon Pousette-Dart
NYC

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The door lock Assy. is bad and will need to be replaced.If you look on the back side of the headlight assy. there is adjustments there to move the headlight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. I have a bout 84,000 miles on my 2001 T5. For along time I've noticed that the temperature in the heating works such that either it is alll the way on, or if you back it off a notch you blow cold air. After the car rides for a while this eventually levels out where it can adjust, but if you stop to get gas turn it off and power back up, you go through the whole cycle of either having to blow full heat or cold air if you try to do any adjustment other than full, until you drive for 20 minutes or so, then it becomes adjustable again. I also have check engine light, check emmission, and ABS brake lights going on intermittently when starting,and then they go away. Brakes, are fine, motors running perfect and well taken care of, but i have not gone to Volvo for service checks as they are terrible where I am. I have a great mechanic. Any ideas on these eccentricities.

JOn Pousette-Dart

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(jpd52 @ Dec 13 2005, 02:06 AM)Thank you for the response. I have a bout 84,000 miles on my 2001 T5. For along time I've noticed that the temperature in the heating works such that either it is alll the way on, or if you back it off a notch you blow cold air. After the car rides for a while this eventually levels out where it can adjust, but if you stop to get gas turn it off and power back up, you go through the whole cycle of either having to blow full heat or cold air if you try to do any adjustment other than full, until you drive for 20 minutes or so, then it becomes adjustable again. I also have check engine light, check emmission, and ABS brake lights going on intermittently when starting,and then they go away. Brakes, are fine, motors running perfect and well taken care of, but i have not gone to Volvo for service checks as they are terrible where I am. I have a great mechanic. Any ideas on these eccentricities.

JOn Pousette-Dart
[snapback]20441[/snapback]​

The in car aspirator fan may be clogged with lint. The fan is located behind those little slotted vents on the climate control switch panel. Try gently blowing air into the hole and see if cleaning it will help the sensor within better control your in car temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts