Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my used V70 3 weeks ago only 23K on the clock. Everything appears to be in order apart from the rear side windows steaming up (heavily) and the major problem the front windscreen not defrosting at the bottom, approx 4". Volvo dealer claims there is no problem. However unless I press the front windscreen defrost switch on, which after a short period starts to become extremely sore on my eyes and face and leaves the footwells very cold, the windscreen wipers start to freeze up and instead of clearing the window they harden up in there "static position" and smear the viewing area when turned on. Twice today we had to pull over to scrape the ice off just above the wipers and flex the rubber on the wipers to remove excess ice. Has anybody else out there experienced this problem, it looks to me that the vents blowing air onto the windscreen are set too far in from the base and at low, outside, temp cannot heat the base of the glass and wipers so they function correctly.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Part of the problem is that when the defrosters are on the a/c kicks on and the air coming out is from the a/c.Thats why it keeps freezing up.Im not sure what you can do to fix it.I will see if I can find out anything more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts