Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the middle of replacing my own evaporator in a 98 v70xc. I've got most of the stuff out, and am now stuck on the evaporator-refrigerant line connections. They appear to be a crimped type of connection requiring special tools 999 5838 and 999 5472. I would imagine that tools are required to re-crimp this connection once replacement has been made. Anyone have experience in this? Know of where to get these tools? Know of any way around this?
Thanks in advance,
George

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello georgedunham,

I have the same problem and the shop want $1000 parts and labor down here at my state CA. So if you would kindly show me how to take it apart step by step i would appreciated. Thanks

As for me i'm happen to have a friend that carry this tool at his home. Again thanks in advance. Oh love the car ...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(Virakborros @ May 30 2005, 10:41 AM)Hello georgedunham,

I have the same problem and the shop want $1000 parts and labor down here at my state CA. So if you would kindly show me how to take it apart step by step i would appreciated. Thanks

As for me i'm happen to have a friend that carry this tool at his home. Again thanks in advance. Oh love the car ...
[snapback]8757[/snapback]​

I could also post the instructions if you like.
Just give me a day or 2 because they are pretty long and complicated to type out.
I will not be able to help with pics though.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It will be done in a day or so.
My wife just gave birth to our 4th child and I will have to be at the hospital for the next couple of days.
When she comes home I will post it for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Tech

Congradulation on your new born child...hope everything is fine. I have three of my own ...and they all grown up already...older one is 16...middle one is 13..and younger one is 12 and you know how it go with kids. Anyway thanks again.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Thanks Mine are 10,8,2,and Newborn.
I will be back to full time soon.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Check in the S70 or 850 section I posted the instructions in those sections.
It is all the way on the top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts