Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am trying to decide on which engine I would be better off with knowing that the 2.4 T has 30 more hp.

The problem is that there are a lot more 2.4's around them 2.4T's and with fewer miles on them. Not to mention cheaper.

Is the regular 2.4 engine enough for the V70, or should l just wait until a 2.4T comes around.

98% of the Volvo's at auction from Volvo Leasing are 2.4's and the 2.4 T's that show up have too many miles on them.

Thanks

Alan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is all what you perfer.Me I like the turbo's.They are all reliable pretty much the same.Even if you can find a turbo with high milage I would go for it.They will last to like 300,000 miles and keep going.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Tech

I am familiar with the turbo lag and the need for premium gas in the 2,4 T but they are hard to come by in decent condition with low mileage. And l have the opportunity to pick one up at auction from Volvo Leasing. It seems that most of the leased Volvo V70's were leased with the regular 2.4 engine.

What is the diff between them 0-60?

Alan

p.s. Is there anything wrong about this year that l should concern myself with and go with a 2002 which is eally the same car.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im not really sure of the 0-60 times.I know the turbo is quite a bit quicker.It is really all up to you if you are comfortable with the non-turbo Then go for one of them.I really like the turbo as long as they are taken care of they will last as long as the non-turbo cars.I am just a power guy I love power.The 2001 and 2002 were the same.They made a slight change in 2003 the try to do away with the throttle body problems.

P.S. which auction do you go to in N.J.?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tech

Even though l live in New Jersey, Manheim Auctions in Manheim, Pa. is the place of choice.

Volvo Leasing comes every other thursday and sometimes again on friday, but their selection on V70's is only ok. Their selection has been mostly high mileage cars which is 50,000 miles plus. And the low mileage ones are pricey for what they are.

What l am looking for is under 50,000 miles and less then 4 years old so that l can get the balance of the warranty.

My expertise is not Volvo by a long shot.

Alan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You will have to keep looking and you will find the one you are looking for.If you happen to find a high milage car that looks good try to look it over really good.Try to find the throttle body if it looks new they if everything looks good you might want to go for it.The throttle body is the thing that goes bad the most.

The reason I asked which auction you go to is because I used to live in N.J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts