Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just looked at a V70 that has 180K km on the clock. Service history is up to date and the car is straight and in good condition. Interior is great and engine is willing. Are the km's to high? What are the problems I may look forward to?
Really appreciate any help form the guru's out there.

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
55 Posts
On its own 180K isn't necessarily a problem... but thats all we know about this car.

How old is it?
Does it have a tow bar ?
Has it ever been a Taxi,Ambulance or a Police Car ?
What type/size engine does it have ?
How many owners ?
How much do they want for it ?
Private or trade sale ?
Is it an advert on the internet, whats the URL?

BarmyArmy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BarmyArmy,
Thanks for your response.
Its a 1997 (April) car that is a 1 owner from new with a full service history.
It was purchased by a building company in Brisbane Queensland.
It is fitted with a removable tow bar and has a 5 cyl 20 valve non turbo motor mated to a 4 sp automatic transmission.
It has only ever been used as a family vehicle. Spoken to previous owner who traded for a S60. Kids now finished playing Sunday sports and the 7 seater was no longer needed.The car is for sale from a dealer in Queensland so I will need to transport it to West Australia.
I have attached a pic for your review.

Regards

Chris B

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
So its 8 years old, and did 20-25000km a year. I guess Brisbane climate means that rust is less of an issue than here in the UK.

I also need to remember that 180k kms is about 110k miles.

The issue will be maintenance the engine is probably good for the same number of miles again, but other components will reach end of life sooner.

In the UK there is a change in perceived value of a car depending on wether its done more or less than 100k miles.

I'd guess in the UK you could pick up a vehicle with that milage for about 5-6,000 GBP, (as long as you didn't buy it from a dealer, as they'll still try and sell a 150,000 mile car for GBP 8000 )

Either way if I was going to buy a car with 180kms on it'd I'd rather it was a Volvo.

As long as the price reflects the milage its probably an ok buy.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Barmy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your input BarmyArmy, it's well appreciated.
The car will cost me AU$12,000, that around GBP4900 so its not like I'm investing a great deal of money and I will be getting a 1 year warranty on all mechanical parts. Risk it for a buiscuit.
Great win for our boys in the cricket.....only 1 test to go before the Ashes can be said to be truely home again.......

Cheers mate

Chris B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts