Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CarPlay interesting. In fact, wireless carplay adapters appeared on the market a few years ago, but I have never paid attention to it, and I don’t care about plugging in or not. What surprised me was that it allowed me to watch videos on my radio, whether it was YouTube or Netflix! ! When I’m out for a picnic, I can lie in the car and watch a movie with my family.
This is really great!
Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Gadget Telephone

·
Registered
3 Posts
My CarPlay interesting. In fact, wireless carplay adapters appeared on the market a few years ago, but I have never paid attention to it, and I don’t care about plugging in or not. What surprised me was that it allowed me to watch videos on my radio, whether it was YouTube or Netflix! ! When I’m out for a picnic, I can lie in the car and watch a movie with my family.
This is really great!
View attachment 19273
Sounds nice. How about a link?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What year Volvo do you have? Mi ‘23 runs Google OS rather than SENSUS and it’s been very Hard finding a unit that works with it. My CP2Air unit worked great in my ‘18 Genesis Sport for a couple of years and tested fine on an ‘22 S60 but no good on the ‘23. I’m hoping the AI box running Android 11 will work with my iPhone 13 Pro!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year Volvo do you have? Mi ‘23 runs Google OS rather than SENSUS and it’s been very Hard finding a unit that works with it. My CP2Air unit worked great in my ‘18 Genesis Sport for a couple of years and tested fine on an ‘22 S60 but no good on the ‘23. I’m hoping the AI box running Android 11 will work with my iPhone 13 Pro!
2020,My 2020 Volvo runs it without problems. 2023 should be fine too. You should confirm the information with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2020,My 2020 Volvo runs it without problems. 2023 should be fine too. You should confirm the information with them.
It tested fine with model years through 2022. 2023 is the first year that Volvo introduced the Google OS infotainment system. I’ve had all this verified independently with Volvo Support as well as the product engineering group. The Android 11 AI box seems to be the only one that might and it’s twice the price, so I’ll stick to wired CarPlay for now. BTW, the Google OS, even with my iPhone Pro Max provides a great deal of info. I especially like the expanded Google Maps in the cluster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 2023 Google based infotainment system is completely different than the 2022, I’ve talked with Volvo techs as well as customer support and have gotten the same feedback as I have from manufacturers of various wireless CarPlay adapters. I’ll keep my eye out for new versions that will work with my ‘23 S60 meanwhile the old dongle works great in rental cars when traveling as well as my wife’s car at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts