Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V50 (purchased in June 2004) is equiped with 17" wheels and Continental Conti Sport 2 tyres. The two tyres on the back wheels were completely dead after 10000 kms, when the front tyres were quite OK.
Has anyone experienced such a premature wear of back tyres on the V50 or other S40 new model ?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Make sure you have the alignment checked sounds like something is out of wack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(jean-francois @ Dec 30 2004, 07:38 PM)
My V50 (purchased in June 2004) is equiped with 17" wheels and Continental Conti Sport 2 tyres. The two tyres on the back wheels were completely dead after 10000 kms, when the front tyres were quite OK.
Has anyone experienced such a premature wear of back tyres on the V50 or other S40 new model ?
[snapback]1966[/snapback]​

Alignment has been checked. In fact all four wheels geometry has been checked and considered ok bY VOLVO repairs workshop. Furthermore, the wear is very regular, the all tyre surface is equally worn. There is no obvious indices of a wrong alignment, it is very like a normal wear, apart from the fact that it occurs at 10000kms.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That really stinks.I would try to find a tire that is a little harder and will last a lot longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(jean-francois @ Dec 30 2004, 11:32 PM)Alignment has been checked. In fact all four wheels geometry has been checked and considered ok bY VOLVO repairs workshop. Furthermore, the wear is very regular, the all tyre surface is equally worn. There is no obvious indices of a wrong alignment, it is very like a normal wear, apart from the fact that it occurs at 10000kms.
[snapback]1968[/snapback]​

You're right. I have changed the tyres to Michelin Pilot Primacy models and I'm carefully watching how the wear is progressing.
In the meantime , old tyres have been taken by Continental for expertise, but I do not expect much of it.
Since it is not obvious who is responsible, Volvo or Continental, I have agreed with Volvo that they would pay for tyres renewal twice if the problem is the same after the next 10000kms.
My Volvo local dealer (this is my 2nd Volvo with them) is very surprised by this problem and collaborate as much as they can, but they still do not want to endorse responsability. That's why I'm still looking for someone who experienced the same problem, if anyone, because I suspect some design problem (I've heard the same complaints with other car brands).
Thanks for your replies anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts