Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 17" alloys on my S60 which my wife occaisionally decides to bounce on and off kerbs with !!!
problem is, ive gone through three tyres now as the thicker rubber bead wich is right next to the wheel rim sticks out just a bit further than the rim itself.... i guess to protect the rim a little from curb scuffs......
however, mine keeps getting big chunks gouged out of them, makeing the tye unsafe ....
at £150 pounds each, this is proving to be expensive........
still probably not as expensive as a replacement alloy !!

anyone else suffer with this problem ???

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I used to see it all the time.With the lower profile tires it is known to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Looks like you may want to invest in some of those dead sexy curb feelers like we used to see on the Buick Electra 225"s. I would probably go with black or brushed aluminum unless you have the color coordinated body side molding. That or don't let wifey drive the car!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(myzeneye @ Aug 1 2005, 09:26 PM)anyone else suffer with this problem ???
[snapback]12595[/snapback]​

I cant say I do... ive got the 6-speed, wife cant drive manual

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(S60 R @ Aug 4 2005, 08:58 AM)I cant say I do... ive got the 6-speed, wife cant drive manual

[snapback]12779[/snapback]​

S60R,

Lucky YOU!
My wife insists on driving everytime we go shopping for groceries.

Myzeneye,

If you can't beat her, help her. My wife and I found that if you were to attach additional external convex mirrors (the small ones, the size of a match-box or a round one, whichever) she would be able to position the convex mirrors to see the curbs more clearly when parking.

You should try it. It's less than RM5 for a pair in my place.

Cheers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(ampangbear @ Aug 6 2005, 07:24 AM)S60R,

Lucky YOU!
My wife insists on driving everytime we go shopping for groceries.
Myzeneye,

If you can't beat her, help her. My wife and I found that if you were to attach additional external convex mirrors (the small ones, the size of a match-box or a round one, whichever) she would be able to position the convex mirrors to see the curbs more clearly when parking.

You should try it. It's less than RM5 for a pair in my place.

Cheers!
[snapback]12905[/snapback]​

cheers....ill get some...anythings worth a try...........
its either that or monster truck wheels !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
BTW, it's to be affixed to the side mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts