Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am the owner of a 2001 Volvo 1.9D-115HP and I would like to know how to adjust the turbo wastegate valve. Does anyone know how to do this? If so, could you send me some detailed information about this. ALso where can I buy a K&N-filtre and how much Hp will it add to the engine?

Thanks,

Marc

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try doing a search I have covered this before with pictures.If you can't find it let me know and I will repost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Tech,

I tried to search on "valve" and on "turbo" and on your username but it didn't turn up ay results. Is it possible for you to sen me the info again.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I will try to find and post.

You will have to remove the rod at the wastegate on the manifold side and loosen the nut and back out on it one turn to start.That will open the waste gate more.I have a picture in this post so it will help you.Then the vaccum line that goes to the waste gate valve you can stick a regulator inline to manualy adjust the boost.If you want you can just adjust the rod till you get a regulator.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[attachmentid=540]Hello Tech,

I have added a drawing of the waste gate valve. It has two screws (1 and 2).
I presume it is the top one I have to loosen and then turn the one on the bottom (ROD?)?Is that correct and how much can I turn this valve not to damage the turbo or the engine?

Attachments

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You will need to remove the little clip holding the rod onto the manifold/Wastegate butterfly.Then slide the rod off after loosening the nut.Then turn the end peice.
I would only go one to two turns.

If you go into overboost you will know.You will loose power while trying to boost.
Then back off some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts