Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have v40 t4 from 1998, i've bought that few weeks ago.
I've noticed that the performancees are very poor , 14 seconds to get 60mph, etc.
I was in some mechanic garage he connect tthe car to te computer, and didnt find nothing. I put new filters, candles, belts, oils...etc and still my car behve like the 90bhp car. THE ONLY THING I'VE NOTICED IS THAT WHEN I PUSH THE ACCELERATION PEDAL IMIEDIATELY, VERY FAST....THE AIR HOSE--- (THE BIGEST ONE) WHICH IS GOING TO THE ENGINE FROM INTERCOOLER (THIS BIG HOSE JUST IN front OF YOU WHEN YOU LOOKING AT THE ENGINE)---IS GETING BIG UNDERPRESURE, SO BIG THAT THE HOSE BEGIN TO SQUEEZE!!!!.

AND MY QUESTION IS"
DO YOU HAVE THE SAME?
WHAT IS HAPENNING WHEN YOU PUSH THE ACCELERATION PEDAL VERY FAST?
DOES YOU HOSE SQUEEZE ALSO BECAUSE OF UNDERPRESURE FOR THE MOMENT?

IS IT A SIGN THAT THE TURBO WORKS NOT PROPERLY?

HOW DOES IT LOOKS IN YOUR CARS"?

i'VE HEARD THAT THE TURBOLADER IS NOT SO GOOD I VOLVOS, AND IT NEED SOME REPARATIONS AFTER 150K KM. mY CAR HAS 120KKM PASSED . cAN IT BE THAT?
HOW TO RECOGNIZED IF IT IS TURBOLADER PROBLEM>?
i TAKE OFF THE AIR HOSE GOING FROM TURBOLADER AND TRIED TO MOVE THE FAN OF THE TURBOLADER BY MY FINGER , IT LOOKS LIKE IT WORKS PROPERLY IT MEANS I CAN MOVE THAT WITHOUT ANY PROBLMS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO DIAGNOSE THAT PROBLEM? OR IF YOU CAN CHEC K IF YOUR AIR BIG HOSE ARE SQUEEZING AFTER YOU ACCELERATE FAST.
PLEASE WRITE ME SOME ADVICE

THANKS ADAM.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
It sounds like u need to replace the hose that is expanding...it shouldnt do that. U might want to replace them all if they are all old, since one is going bad anyway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts