Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the advice of this website, I went to go clean my throttle body yesterday to solve my poor idling problems. In the process of doing this, I removed my charge pipes only to find an excess amount of oil pooled in them. The oil soakage goes all the way back to the turbo. I can only assume I have a seal leak in my turbo, which is distressing because I had it rebuilt about 1.5 years ago. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or has any cheaper fixes or diagnosing solutions. Thanks for your help in advance.

PS, cleaning the throttle body solved my idle problem, thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Check on the bottom of your intercooler and see if there is a drain plug to drain the oil.Some oil build up is normal.Over a long period of time it will build up.Most of the older cars had a drain plug to drain the oil.Alot of the newer cars the intercoolers have a hole in them to allow the oil to drain by itself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to drain the oil, but it still seems to be hanging around (and collecting a little too fast). Also, the car seems to be stalling even worse now when it is cold. This is after I used carb cleaner in the throttle body. Do I need to physically remove the idle motor and clean it, or is carb cleaner in the throttle body sufficient? Of course, once the car warms up, it seems to idle ok, but still kinda rough.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I would remove the idle motor and clean it.make sure the throttle body is really cleaned as well.I always pull it off to clean it and check the throttle position sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts