Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board but wondering if anyone has replaced the seal for the turbo's oil return line. I'm pretty sure that's where the oil leak is coming from.

TIA,
Rick
2001 S40, 71k

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You are probaly right.They are a little of a pain in the butt to change.The pipe bolts to the bottom of the turbo with 2 torxes 30 screws or 2 5mm screws.I bent the one pipe a lillte bit for clearance to get to the front screw.You also have to remove the clamp on the reutrn pipe 10mm nut and bolt.Then pull the pipe out clean the pipe out good.Install new seal on the pipe dry then add some grease on the out side of the seal and install pipe.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a problem where I have oil coming out of the blow by for the Turbo. Is that the same problem you had and if not do you have an idea on what the problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my Volvo into the shop yesterday to find out where the oil leak is coming from. I was told that it was coming from a blow off tube from the Turbo. I own a 2000 S40 1.9L with turbo. The shop is a close friend and they did it as a favor to help me figure out what is going on. For about a month or two it has been dropping small oil spots on my garage floor. I am worried that it is a problem with the Turbo, but the car only has 54,000 miles on it and has been well maintained. Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is probably the same problem as above.It is called the turbo oil return line.The o-ring goes bad and the oil leaks out from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts