Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm considering setting out on refurbishing a 1981 244 GL manual Volvo which I scored on ebay for $610. Since buying I've spent $130 on parts to get it registered, and a further $240 on engine mounts ill advised to install (by previous owner).

The 1st question relates to this; while hunting for parts I scavenged the rh headlight from a 1982 244 GL (Auto) and discovered it had both power steering and airconditioning that would be desireable on my car. Does anyone know if those parts are directly transferable between the two models?

Secondly, I'm going to have to strip the car of paint and repaint it (I don't care how cheaply). If doing it myself will obtain professional friends advice on painting. Does anyone know about wisdom of trying to change colours of a car (particularly volvo)?

Thats about it; I'd appreciate any well considered advice. DW

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The power steering should bolt in if you get all the brackets from the other car.The A/c will be alot harder you will have to remove the dash to install the evaperator and case assy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 26 2004, 12:17 AM)The power steering should bolt in if you get all the brackets from the other car.The A/c will be alot harder you will have to remove the dash to install the evaperator and case assy.
[snapback]1313[/snapback]​

But they are interchangeable?....if they are it will be a very cheap purchase (likely) for me ! DW

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(dedwalker @ Nov 25 2004, 04:25 PM)But they are interchangeable?....if they are it will be a very cheap purchase (likely) for me ! DW

[snapback]1315[/snapback]​

yes it will work, BUT. If you've never been into the heater box on a 240, well even after you get it out remember this. as you take it apart you may want to lay each piece in some kind of order and take some pictures as you disassemble it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts