Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone from the Pearl River Delta, Hong Kong.

Our 2002 V70XC AWD needed to have its transimission replaced last week. The car has done 56000 kilometres. Problems first appeared about 5-6 months ago but I had to wait until the problem was so bad that it could be replicated on a road test with the head mechanic. We have had the car from new.

There was no question, the dealer replaced the gearbox under factory warranty. However, it has dented my faith for the future. Will another gearbox be needed in another 2 years time?

Has anyone else had trasnmission problems? By the way, it is an auto-box.

The problem was vibration at about 50-70 km/h when throtlle was applied gently. It didn't seem to want to change down and the vibration got worse and worse over time. I also have a concern about other vibration related problems that may turn up in the future e.g in the drive train bearings etc.

Best rgds

John
Hong Kong

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You should be fine for the future.But you can thank General Motors for the transmission problems.They supply volvo with the transmissions.I think they have them all straightened out now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Time will tell and I notice one or two other gearbox problems cropping up in the forum.

There are only 30 of these in HK. We are the only one with a problem.

best rgds
John
Hong Kong

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had exactly the same symptoms on a 2001 V70 at 60,000 just after it was out of warranty. I replaced the Valve Body, and that solved it. Should not happen at 60,000 though

QUOTE(Hongkonger @ Dec 26 2004, 11:00 PM)Greetings everyone from the Pearl River Delta, Hong Kong.

Our 2002 V70XC AWD needed to have its transimission replaced last week. The car has done 56000 kilometres. Problems first appeared about 5-6 months ago but I had to wait until the problem was so bad that it could be replicated on a road test with the head mechanic. We have had the car from new.

There was no question, the dealer replaced the gearbox under factory warranty. However, it has dented my faith for the future. Will another gearbox be needed in another 2 years time?

Has anyone else had trasnmission problems? By the way, it is an auto-box.

The problem was vibration at about 50-70 km/h when throtlle was applied gently. It didn't seem to want to change down and the vibration got worse and worse over time. I also have a concern about other vibration related problems that may turn up in the future e.g in the drive train bearings etc.

Best rgds

John
Hong Kong
[snapback]1893[/snapback]​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts