Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am driving a 2001 S60 2.0T (FWD) and recently discovered a new problem. In the mornings, when I engage the auto transmission to D, it takes like 2-3 secs before it will engage with a jerk. Someone I know told me that this is a common problem with the s60 and has to do with a sticky/faulty valve body. Anyone can help?

Thanks
Hansolo

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes it is a common problem.Could be that it needs software to fix it.Could also be the valve body.Or could be the nuetral control function acting up.They would download software to fix.If car is under warranty take it to the dealer.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That is possible but when the battery is disconnected the computer resets itself.If you had that problem once the computer relearns its self the fault may come back again.
PHILIPPE have you had your neutral control function removed from your car yet?There is software to remove the function.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I replaced the battery recently to a lower voltage one the Hoppecke (not sure about spelling). Changed also the valve body but then had some other problems. The car seemed to have lost power. The gear changes seem normai, no dramatic kick in but the engine seemed to have lost that pulling power. Wonder what that could be, anyone?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you have any check engine light or any other lights coming on.If not take it back and complain eversince they replaced the valve the engine seems to have no power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So Hansolo - did you ever get this fixed? I too have the same car and it's doing that as well and I'm not sure what to tell my mechanic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't know what your milage is, but watch out...this is the same reply I added to another post in this forum:

I have an '01 S60T5 that always seemed to slip when accelerating. The dealer said this was normal. Unfortunately at 50600 miles, 600 miles out of warranty, the transmission failed totally. As I found out, your friendly Volvo dealer does not troubleshoot/repair transmissions, their only option is to replace the entire transmission at a cost of $2500!!! I could not locate a used transmission and the transmission shops I talked to were hesitant to even look at the car. Being in a bind for transportation, the dealer replaced the transmission and refused to budge on the price of the repair.

Keep an eye on the slipping and make sure you have some visits to the dealer documented so if you have any problems out of warranty you will have a case.

Tech may have more history on transmission failures...

·
Registered
69 Posts
@dsinstall: This actually be my problem in my S60 arround 2500RPM I hear a soft sorta grunt/grind for about a 1/4 to 1/2 second then everything is fine after that. Only did it after engaging to drive. Does this sound the same or am I just being paranoid ot that 4 figure price tag on your post....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts