Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Tech, while skimming through some old posts I saw this one. This is the second time I've seen/heard about Dissableing the nutral option on the transmission. Do you know what the reason is behind it? Was it just an emissions thing or does it save the transmission in any way? To me it sounds like it just adds to more wear 'n tear.

Thanks,
Ben

· Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I've seen all the complaints and have actually needed to replace a valve body (US$1500) which didnt make me happy since I just purchased it from a private seller not 300mi previously.

I talked to my mechanic about bypassing the neutral feature and he said he doesnt know how to do it without triggering a code. He said he would look into it though. any thoughts?

· Registered
9 Posts
I doubt it needs a whole new transmission, however it may need a few new solenoids. I believe there are seven total, but usually only a few need replacing at a time. It can get pretty pricy but not the cost of a new tranny. I take my volvos to an indy mech. I try to avoid dealers at all costs. My indy has been great to me and hasn't steered me wrong yet. good luck.
-ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.