Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
After I run about 2 hours in a intown blockade (run very very slowly aprox 10 km in 2 hrs) the yellow arrow (transmission light) start flashing, also the econom. green LED.
The transmission works fine, no problem with lower speeds (starts nice, 1st, 2nd, ....)
acceleration is fine.
I already made another around 1000 km, intown and highway from 1 up to 140 km/hr (need to came back to my home town from Toronto), but the light is still on.
Any ideas?
I dont want to force my luck . . . .

tkx.

update: I take out the code: 122, 211, 313, 114
I search on the Internet and found that from codes for solenoid goes to bad transmission witch is not my case, the tranny works absolutely OK,
I belive the code from my error is the last one, 114
how I can reset the codes (all of them) to see witch one reappears?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
What version is the OBD?
What year is your car?

If yours is on OBD I, then refer to a post in the forum where Tech has outlined the codes' meaning.

If yours is on OBD II, you need an OBDII Scanner to delete the codes.

Since you are able to read the codes without mentioning the use of a scanner, I assume yours is on OBD I.

But how sure are you it's not the solenoids?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Year 93,
The control device from witch I take out the code is located just near the washer fluid in front right part, it's the old one with LED and button, is not with scanner

I'm not sure, but from I read on the net, I saw that in case at the solenoid defective, the tranny works different or not works at all
at mine works perfect, absolutely no change in functioning, just the two lights flushing
I m interested in reseting the codes (without disconecting the battery because I dont have the radio code).
tks

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hope everything goes OK.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, news coming.
I take out the switch from console (those who comute the econom - sport - winter) and I cleaned a little. Actually the winter switch didn't came back from a previous action, was in short position.
I put him back and the ligths disapeared, both the arrow and the led. Right now all is ok, the switch works well, econom - sport, winter also put trany in winter mode (always start in 3rd gear), so right now, it's ok.
I will try to reset the codes to see witch one will be back..

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, I have a 1993 GLE that I have recently purchased and it has a similar strange fault.

Every morning when it first starts it is fine in R and then when Drive is selected it sticks in gear 1. Selecting 3 by moving the lever keeps it in three, but it doesn't change (up or down). After say 10 mins the transmission arrow light (amber on dash) starts to flash; if I select drive it is then fine.

If the day is warmer, sometimes it doesn't do the above (also doesn't happen in the afternoon!)

I took it to the local transmission place and the error code they got was for the selecter contact switch being dirty. They said everything else was OK. After the tranny fluid was changed the code then said injectors and O2 sensor.

Could you tell me how to read the codes (e.g. where do I put the wire and how long do I press the button) - also, would replacing that switch (Eco/Sport?Winter) do any good?

(NB checked the codes site - it appears to give ignition fault codes, but not tranny ones???)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts